"This week was a little slower than usual. Most of our appointments were canceled, which is always really rough, but there is always a new day and a new week to bring things back around. The best part of this week was realizing that even though we thought it was really slow we met most of the standards of excellence! I'm very proud to be able to say that. Meeting the Standards is a 'slow week' Prince George is seriously the promised land. There is so much amazing work happening here.
We weren't able to see M***** this week. But she did come to church and loved it! Her adorable little girl M******* (7) came with her as well and loved Primary. We're excited to teach them again this week and to see them at church again. We're still working on having M******* and C*** get married. I'm sure it won't be too much longer before she enters the waters of baptism and starts her journey toward the celestial kingdom!
We were also unable to see L***, but he also came to church and we have an appointment with him for this week. He's an amazing boy and is progressing very well. We love him!
E**** also was at church! We're trying to move her baptism date up to next week. She's ready and we would both love to be here for her baptism. We've been fasting and praying a lot about it and we feel very strongly that she will be baptized in May.
We also have an appointment with N***** this week! She's been very busy and we haven't seen her for a long time, but we're excited to be meeting with her again.
We also are doing some contacting here at the park on the banks of the Fraser River. Amazing things are happening!"
Sooo.... President told me I'm training.... probably. He's still not entirely sure yet. But I'm kind of freaking out. I have no desire to train. But I'll go where you want me to go, Dear Lord. I'll be what you want me to be. He has a plan, sometimes it's scary and it makes us grow a lot in a short time but it's always worth it in the end. I know that He sees the end and I just have to follow His plan and trust Him.
I wanted to tell you this awesome story about a Jehovah's Witness that tried to convert us. Don't worry, it didn't work, and the Lord confounded her. We came in and she was asking tons of questions and then spilled the beans, told us who she was and then condemned us for sharing a false religion with people and told us to think very carefully about what we were doing. We were able to bare powerful testimony on the church and how we know it to be true. she asked about coffee and was offended that we didn't drink it. Sister Mac was brilliant! She told her that we'd love to come back and help her build a foundation of the truth so that we could get into the deeper stuff. She refused and demanded to know why we don't drink coffee. Sister Mac was very bold! She said that we believe in modern revelation and we know that being addicted to things dulls our spiritual sensitivity and makes it hard for us to know Christ. She said a lot more things and the woman was taken aback. She then looked at me and asked why we would add to the bible, because it says that we shouldn't add or take anything away. (she couldn't remember the reference though.) I told her it was in revelations and explained that it meant to the book of revelations itself. and I talked about how we have a prophet who speaks with God and can say 'thus saith the Lord' and we will add the the bible because Christ lives and he continues to give us laws. I also might have read her 2 Nephi 29:16-20. :) It was a great experience and the Lord was there telling us exactly what to say! So cool!
Anyway, I think that's a long enough novel for this week. I love you so much! I'm sending pictures in a few.
ALL MY LOVE!
Sister K.
No comments:
Post a Comment