What miracles we have seen this week! It started out very rough. All of our appointments were still falling through! We were so frustrated! But the Lord, as promised, makes all things right.
On Thursday we went to see S******* and R88 about moving up E****'s baptismal date. They said they'd think about it. We found out that evening that they were planning on having her baptized that Sunday! We worked hard to make sure that the family wasn't stressed out about anything that week and called them several times a day just to see how everything was going. R**'s work schedule was cancelled and they came to church on Sunday and E**** was baptized! Just an amazing miracle, we love that little girl so much! After the baptism I was talking to S******* and mentioned to her that I want to be at their sealing. She asked me if I would come if I've already been released from my mission. I promised her I would. She smiled and said: "Would you be willing to be my escort?" YES! Of course I would S*******! I said yes probably nine times in 5 seconds and hugged her until I was almost certain she couldn't breathe. She was laughing and I told her how much I love her, and she said the same thing to me. She's truly making leaps and bounds in her understand of the gospel and I can't wait to go through the temple with that family and watch them be sealed for time and all eternity.
We also had an amazing lesson with L***. His baptismal date was set for June 1st. When we went to teach them last night Lyle's mother told us that she would be working that day and L*** could no longer be baptized on Saturday. I was crushed! Then I looked at L*** and said: "What's the plan, bud?" He said. "May I be baptized Sunday the 2nd at 6:30 pm?" Yes L***! You may! If you wanted to get baptized on the moon I'd make that happen for you! Whatever you want. L*** is an amazing young man and he's also doing very well. He's branching out so much. It amazing to watch the gospel change people. I've seen it happen in my own life and now I have the amazing opportunity to witness it happening in others as well. It must be true!
What a beauitful day filled with beautiful people. Oh, on Sunday we almost forgot to turn on the font... awkward... good thing the Elders remember how to baptize people. Right? Elder Clemens asked us if we'd turned it on. We looked horrified and said no! Will you do it? He and Elder Scott just laughed and I said "Really, we haven't turned it on..." Elder Clemens face dropped as we realized that we weren't joking. They turned it on and all was well. J*** M**** was standing near by and laughed his head off. "Oh Sisters." Was all he said.
Also, we keep getting attacked by these little catepillars. They're EVERYWHERE! covering everything! And they hang on these little silk threads and you walk into them like spider webs and it always freaks us out. I hate them... They were fun at first. But if I look up and see another catepillar hanging right in front of my face I might faint.
I love you so very much and am so thankful for all the prayers we're seeing the blessings of those! Thank everyone that says they pray for us. We really do feel them, and know that they are really the reason we are having so many miracles!
Sister K.
P.S. We haven't heard about transfers yet. We find out tonight what's happening. I guess you'll have to wait until next week. I'm a little nervous. But I'd really like to go to Vancouver again. We'll see what happens. I know the Lord has a plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment